Monday, August 1, 2016

COSRX AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner Review

Hey peaches! *Just decided to call you gals peaches instead of lovelies because I just felt that 'lovelies' is so weird? LOL*

Anyway, I'm here for another review but this time it's about skincare. First of all, I am gonna tell you all on the history of my skin. My skin was terrible during high school days >>> swollen and painful acne here and there, easily irritated too! No one told me what to use to cure my skin and I ended up buying+trying many drugstore products, which I really regret now as they further irritated my skin. My mom is blessed with good skin and has less knowledge on skin care, thus I have no one to refer besides internet/blogger/youtuber. Little by little, I begin to gain info on skin care! *luckily*

Still, till now, my skin is problematic too but not as much as those high school days.  Friends who have saw my "dark days" will certainly agree that my skin looks way better now.

It takes time for one's to understand their skin types and needs. However, it is always about "moisture level" of your skin regardless of dry skin, oily skin, combination skin and sensitive skin. If you are currently just started to use facial cleanser, I would suggest you to go for the mild one rather than start it with a stronger cleanser especially you haven't rule out your skin types unless you want to ruin your skin like me. *sob sob*

Before I started the today's review, I would like to clarify that my skin is dry sensitive, acne prone and I do have many acne scars. *thanks to my itchy hands*

The brand of the day is COSRX, which is the word combination of COSmetic and RX (means prescription). This brand is established in 2006 which means it's already in the market for 10 years! I'm a bit late to know such a good brand! *aiksss*  Their philosophy is "minimalistic and functional cosmetic by imperatively necessary ingredients" which means they aimed to use minimal ingredients to give an effective product.

The star of the day is COSRX AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner.

The picture from the official website as I am too lazy to take photo of mine. Anyway, mine is exactly the same from the picture above.

I have used this toner for almost 3 months now and my skin likes it. It takes time for my skin to show improvement. Here is the progress of my skin:

It works so well on my skin! ^^

For those who concern on the ingredients, here's the list:
mineral water, salix alba (willow) bark water, pyrus malus (apple) fruit water, butylene glycol, 1,2-hexanediol, sodium lactate, glycolic acid, betaine salicylate, allantoin, panthenol, ethyl hexanediol.

AHA and BHA are chemical exfoliants that work silently within your skin to remove dead skin cells and brighten your skin, giving you a better skin texture.  The facial scrubs that have tiny beads are physical exfoliants that remove dead skin on the epidermis of your skin.

The product's description is:
> Gentle exfoliation with mineral water
> Contain natural AHA and BHA
> For smooth and clear skin
> Natural ingredients helps to moisturize your skin and stimulate cell regeneration for smoother skin
> Help with prevention of whiteheads and blackheads

I use it twice daily after cleansing. Since it's a chemical exfoliant, be sure to use sun screen on daytime so that you won't burn your skin! As you can see from the picture above, my skin improves after I started to use this product although new trouble arises over time to time.

***Mind that what works for me doesn't necessary work on you!

I'm officially in love with their products and I ended up buying more products from them. I saw posts from nowhere that Watsons Malaysia will bring in the brand in the coming September or October, hopefully it's true!

Stay tune for more COSRX reviews!

Till then, 안녕!




No comments:

Post a Comment