Monday, September 12, 2016

Mamonde Highlight Lip Tint Review

Hello, Peaches! I'm gonna review Mamonde Highlight Lip Tint this time!

Few months ago, Mamonde opened its first outlet in Malaysia at One Utama Damansara. Being a k-cosmetic lover, I can't miss this opportunity, right?! The prices here are slightly pricey than those in Korea (really 'slightly' bcoz the prices are comparable to Korea, unlike e** h**.. ehemmm!).

This lip tint is one of their best sellers. **I can see why by knowing their current spokesperson is Park Shin Hye. At least they got me!

There are 10 shades available which are:
#1 Pink Balloon
#2 Tonic Coral
#3 Purple Motion
#4 Light Salmon
#5 Orange Basket
#6 Pin Spot
#7 Main Title
#8 Red Intermission
#9 Number Memory
#10 Midnight Singer

Price: MYR 50 / 4g

Mine is #6 Pin Spot! I admit it's because Park Shin Hye herself has posted this shade being her favourite everyday lippie! The shades she wore in her latest drama <Doctors> are #1, #5 and #6.

BUT, I like this colour too because it's so daily wearable!


Swatches:

It's a neon coral with more pink undertone for me. As you can see from the swatches above, it appears pinkish under bright day light and more coral in fluorescent lighting.  Keep in mind that it's has neon-ish payoff so darker skin tone might want to swatch the colour yourself at the counter to see the suitability.

It smells like sweet artificial peach to me.


For light touch, I put 2 or 3 dots at the center of my inner lips and spread it evenly. This creates a baby pink colour on my lips. Then I put more to create the result as shown in the lower picture of the photo above. The colour payoff is buildable as you apply more. I will say this shade is more like neon hot pink with coral undertone. Definitely brighten up my skin tone!

The texture reminds me of the Innisfree creamy tint lip mousse but much more moisturizing. The finish is sheer on fresh application but turns velvet afterwards. A bit drying too as time goes. The colour adheres nicely on my lips with light eating but not really after heavy eating. After I had my meal, it adheres to my lips in not-so-beautiful way as it cringed into my lips' fine lines. <<<chapped lips problem~


The picture on left: after I wiped it off with wet tissue
It tinted so well! Long lasting on lips too!

The picture on right: after I removed with makeup remover
If you watch closely in real life, it will still left hint of the tint which can be removed/seen with cotton pad dipped with facial toner.

Pros:
+ pretty colour
+ daily wearable
+ buildable
+ long lasting

Cons:
- a bit drying for chapped lippers
- cringes on my lips' fine lines after heavy eating

Overall, this lip tint is considered quite good. I think Mamonde and Aritaum really make pretty lip tint among the Korean brands available in the market.

This colour is so pretty in real life so I tend to ignore the cons. I will just reapply after eating. Teehee!

Till then, 안녕!



No comments:

Post a Comment