Saturday, September 27, 2014

Innisfree Color Glow Lipstick in #6 Maple Burgundy Pink Review

Although it's a bit late to review Innisfree Color Glow lipstick, I am doing this review today!  When this collection came out, my eyes were immediately caught by the promotional poster posts by Girls' Generation's Yoona:
 The shade she wore is #6 Maple Burgundy Pink.  This burgundy does not look too mature yet gain a feeling of fall.  Burgundy is definitely the forever hit colour for the F/W.

The other shades in the same collection:

So I picked the #6 since I'm so into this shade of burgundy.


The shade ends up a little more pinkish with a slight burgundy undertone.  I was hoping to get the exactly burgundy shade that shown on the poster.  I was a bit disappointed but it's more wearable daily.  *convincing myself*

Price: 12,000 won / 3.5g

Introduction by Innisfree:
"An extreme smooth lipstick with camellia oil and melting formula."

It's has 3-free system which are free of animal additives, talc and benzophenone (chemical known to cause cancer and reproductive toxicity).

It's glides smoothly on the lips and very moisturizing too!  YAY for the chapped/dry lippers!  Since it's not a lip tint, thus you have to reapply every time after your eating.  Yes! It does transferred on objects in contact!  It has a mild scent which I don't know how to describe it... maybe it's the camellia oil?  definitely not the bad one.  You have to be careful while capping the lipstick as the lipstick since you probably don't want the lipstick stained all over the metal tube.

The colour is unique since I haven't seen such colour available in other brands in the market before.

It's a very good lipstick for those looking for a moisturizing and pigmented lipstick without harmful ingredients.  For me, it's just a bit down as I was expecting a deeper burgundy colour.

How the lipstick looks on me:
(Top): darker lighting / (Bottom): brighter lighting
The colour should looks darker but it appears lighter in the photos!  The picture at the bottom is closer to reality.
 

Rating: 4/5

Till then, anyeong! ^^




4 comments:

  1. Too bad that the color isn´t like the one from the promotional pictures. I often had this problem before as well. But I think the color still looks really nice.
    Nice review!

    http://abumblebeesjourney.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's the only complain i have with this lipstick! LOL~ thanks for reading my review^^

      Delete
  2. This lipstick is so pretty. I really want to buy it on ebay. Great review;-) http://divadesle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for reading! Innisfree always make great products :)

      Delete